Hey there and happy summer!
For the months of July and August Loni (IG handle @havinsewmuchfun) and Jen (IG handle @makerheart) are hosting a new theme for their monthly sewcial #letssewthistogether. The theme? Free Patterns! In lieu of such I have compiled a list of 25 free patterns you MUST HAVE in your collection /stash/queue- what have you.
I love supporting pattern designers and their skill but let’s be honest, sometimes we don’t always have the money to spend on PDFs. For those who also use their time and energy to provide free sewing patterns let’s give a big hand to them for loving us that much!
Since it is summer I understand that many in the community are making different things from sundresses to swimsuits. With that in mind I designed this list into 6 categories so that you can choose specifically by item and go free shopping with ease.
Of course there are HUNDREDS of free patterns out there, and this post would be beyond reading capability if i went looking for them ALL. So if you have a fave I didn’t mention, be sure to comment below to let everyone else know where they can find your fave free goodies. Much appreciated! Be sure to check out my other post with EVEN MORE FREE PATTERNS as well. That list is ever growing and will continue to be added to.
One specific pattern I want to highlight that is not included in the list is a new pattern released by Ready To Sew- Justine. Justine is a high-waisted A-line midi or maxi skirt complete with optional pockets and button down front design (shown below) .
To read more about the new pattern check out Ready To Sew’s blog here. To just download it and enjoy all of its glory click here. I’m sure during the next two months and after we will all enjoy getting to show our appreciation for this pattern by making it a dozen times over. Be sure to download yours today! (So I guess I gave you 26 instead of 25!)
Now without further ado I give you the ever anticipated list of free things so you can shop to your heart’s content!
25 FREE SEWING PATTERNS YOU SHOULD HAVE MADE YESTERDAY
1. Jessica Pattern by Mimi G
This button down sweetheart bodice sun-dress is the perfect addition to your summer wardrobe. Gifted to you by Mimi G herself, make sure to take advantage of this gorgeous dress pattern.
2. Pleated Summer Dress by In The Folds
3. Orla Dress by French Navy Now
4. Beach Cover Up by In The Folds/Peppermint Magazine
This cover up can easily double as a dress given the proper materials. And if not, it’ll look stunning over your bikini.
Blouses and Tanks
5. Peplum Top by In the Folds/Peppermint Magazine
6. Durango Tank by Hey June
7. Sorbetto Top by Colette Patterns
Coming in 3 versions, the Sorbetto top gives you options, variety and style for the whole year.
8. Harvest Boxy Top by Peppermint Magazine
9. Wrap Skirt by Lila + June
10. Pleated Skirt by In The Folds/Peppermint Magazine
11. Veronika Skirt by Megan Nielsen (must subscribe to newsletter)
12. Juniper Skirt by Mood Fabrics Courtney Norris
Faux wrap, curves edge, adorable!
13. Jumpsuit by In The Folds/Peppermint Magazine
14. Morocco Pants by The Fabric Store
16. Darcy Boxer Shorts by Peppermint Magazine
18. Bandeau Bikini Top by Etcetorize
19. Ellsa Swimsuit by Ralph Pink
20. Burda Swimsuit Sloper (for plus sizes) by BurdaStyle
21. Two Piece Swimsuit by Sew Mama Sew
Accessories & Other Awesome Things
22. Rose Jacket by Marilla Walker
23. Reversible Shoulder Bag by Sew DIY
24. Sewing Machine and Serger Cover from Closet Case Patterns
25. Acacia Undies by Megan Nielsen (must subscribe to newsletter)
Still want more?? Check out the below links to see some other blogs with some good free Patterns and be sure to check the comments feed for any other patterns that fellow sewists find!